The Safety of Our Pack Out Service
Here at SERVPRO when we contend with your property and belongings during a disaster, and we believe our job is to make the whole process as smooth as possible. To ensure this we offer a packout service, what this is is our practice of collecting a clients belongings out of there home or property for safekeeping so they are not affected by the disaster they may be experiencing whether it be water or fire. We store all the belongings safely in crates in out warehouse until the job is finished. This allows our clients to avoid things such as expensive storage and moving costs including further damage to their belongings. In addition we also offer specialized cleaning procedures for certain materials that require it. Just another reason to choose SERVPRO.
Preventing storm Related Water Damage
SERVPRO of Hancock Park/Hollywood has released these tips on how to protect homes from heavy rain and flooding:
- Inspect sump pumps – a sump pump removes water that accumulates underneath a home and is one of the best defenses against flooded basements and subsequent costly repairs. All too often, though, homeowners don’t find out their sump pump is not working properly until it’s too late and spring showers are already wreaking havoc on your home. It is recommended that you inspect your sump pump each spring to ensure it’s working properly.
- Clean gutters and downspouts – leaves and debris from spring storms can lead to clogged gutters and downspouts, and the number one cause of basement flooding is roofs not draining properly. Cleaning your gutters each spring is an inexpensive way to make sure your home is ready for the rain to come. Also, check that downspouts extend away from the home’s foundation by at least three feet, this will help effectively move rain water away from the home.
- Consider back-flow valves – sewer back-flow valves are small, inexpensive parts that are installed in sewer drainage lines to help regulate water flow. These small valves can save big headaches by preventing sewer water from entering a basement during heavy rain and go a long way to making your basement flood proof.
- Check for basement leaks – take a few minutes this weekend to inspect both the interior and exterior of your home’s foundation, walls, floors and windows for any cracks that may have developed during the winter months. Even a minor crack can lead to major water damage during a heavy spring shower. You can use a basic waterproof epoxy and a paintbrush or putty knife to patch any small cracks you find.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
-Fire Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals know just how devastating a fire can be. Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. They’re trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible. Learn more about the fire damage restoration process.
Step1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed)
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
Step 6: Cleaning and Repair
Step 7: Restoration
You can count on SERVPRO to handle your emergency situations big and small!!
Storm in LA
After a storm here in Los Angeles everything floods. There is nothing we can do about it. From the roads not draining to buildings being flooded. It is going to happen. Restaurants that are on the ground level, inches away from the elements of nature are subject to getting water damage due to the floods going under the doors. Over time water finds itself inside your business. Restaurants need special care because of the food industry laws. When the floors start to mold and the dry wall starts to get soft you should call SERVPRO right away. SERVPRO has years of experience dealing with restaurants and the health laws. If your food letter grade goes down, call SERVPRO today and we will make sure everything is back "Like it never even happened."
Commercial Clean up
This retail store was affected by the recent back to back storms that hit Southern California. The water leaked into the ceiling and affected a large portion of it inside the showcase area. The store owner was concerned with how much down time it would take to restore their property, as they would be out of business during that time period. However, our emergency service crew was able to complete the job in only 5 days. SERVPRO strives to provide all of our customers with high quality service every time! We care about our clients and work endlessly to get your business back up and running as soon as physically possible. Our Team of experts will work professionally and efficiently day and night to make it "Like it never even happened."
Here at SERVPRO we pride ourselves on our speedy response time and efficient work methods. From the first call you make to our office you are treated professionally and we try to work as quickly as possible to get someone out to assess your situation. Once we know the severity of your situation we move to see the soonest we can have our team out there to begin working. Our crew is full of experts who know exactly what's needed and how to do it in a quick and efficient manner. Our goal is to get your home or business back up and running "Like it never even happened." You never have to worry about dealing with one sided people, SERVPRO cares about our clients. If you have an emergency situation contact us at (323) 667-3100
Negative Air Machine
One of the machines our team here at SERVPRO is trained to use is the Negative Air Machine. This machine is used to essentially clean the air. When the machine is placed in an enclosed room it pulls air into it to clean it and stop contaminants from spreading. The machine uses a vacuum like system to draw air through a filter that removes mold, dust, microbes and other contaminant particles. Our crew here at SERVPRO are trained experts on how to use machines like these to get the best possible outcome. If you have any questions contact us and we would be more than happy to explain even more. SERVPRO is here to make sure your Fire and Water damage needs are treated with the most efficient outcome in mind.
SERVPRO’s connection to local businesses is the basis of our community, and we are always there for the members of our community. A perfect example is a recent job we had with a local H&R Block. The local business called us and informed us that their building had sustained water damage from a faulty appliance in their office. We quickly came out to inspect the damage and then promptly began work immediately after the inspection with permission of the owner. We did this in such a way where the business could still operate and service their customers, since we know that our clients want as little disruptions to their life and business as possible. This example of our service to our local businesses is the reason we consider ourselves an exemplary service company, because we provide the best service to the best people.
7 reasons to choose SERVPRO
1) 24-Hour Emergency Response: Timely mitigation is key to controlling damage, downtime and recovery costs. You and those who depend on your facility will appreciate the rapid response, and the training of SERVPRO professionals will help limit damage and get your facility back in operation quickly.
2) Communication: You will know what's happening every step of the way. From the first telephone call within the first hour following damage notification, until the job is complete, SERVPRO professionals are dedicated to effectively communicating with property owners and managers. You will be aware of job status and progress through reports that are accessible to you via a secure email link 24 hours a day.
3) Reduce Recovery Time: Your local SERVPRO professionals understand the urgency in responding to your facility following a disaster. By arriving quickly, mitigating damage to the structure and contents, and providing effective cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO professionals will help you reopen the doors as soon as possible.
4) Lower Recovery Costs Through:
- Emergency mitigation services that help minimize secondary damages.
- Proper restoration versus replacement of contents which is less expensive.
- Faster recovery which lessens loss.
- Pre-approved pricing and procedures.
- Comprehensive cleanup and restoration services which help prevent future problems and potential liability risks.
5) Emergency Response Profile: Your local SERVPRO professionals can provide you assistance in developing an Emergency Response Profile, which is an integral part of a well-thought-out contingency plan, that will contain information you need in the event an emergency situation occurs.
6) Full Line of Services: Utilizing the right equipment and supplies, SERVPRO professionals can handle all of your cleanup needs. In addition to SERVPRO’s superior fire, water, and mold restoration services, SERVPRO provides cleanup services for those special needs that surpass the capabilities of your regular maintenance staff.
7) A National Leader in Storm Response: In the event of a major catastrophe, the SERVPRO franchise system has a nationwide large loss response team composed of trained and equipped professionals capable of responding to your facility. While most systems have a waiting list, you get priority service with SERVPRO.
This retail store was affected by the recent back to back storms that hit Southern California. Notice in the before picture that the water leaked into the ceiling and affected a large portion of it inside the showcase area. The store owner was concerned with how much down time it would take to restore their property, as they would be out of business during that time period. However, our emergency service crew was able to complete the job in only 5 days. SERVPRO strives to provide all of our customers with high quality service every time! We care about our clients and work endlessly to get your business back up and running as soon as physically possible. Our Team of experts will work professionally and efficiently day and night to make it "Like it never even happened."