Water Damage Care Tips
Before entering the affected area:
- Turn off the power
- Attempt to locate the source of water and shut it off, if possible.
- Use caution when walking on the wet floors
Once the area has been secured:
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furnishing dry.
- Block furnishings with pieces of wood on styrofoam. Be careful not to place anything with dye or color against damp surfaces as they may bleed.
- Lift any Window treatments off carpet, loop through a non-metal coat hanger and hang on drapery rod.
- Remove wet area rugs on other floor coverings
- Move photos, paintings and art to a safe, dry area
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors and luggage to enhance drying.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry
Call a Professional Restoration Company
- To ensure proper drying
- To prevent possible mold growth
- To ensure proper clean-up
- To restore your property back to its normal state