A flood is one of the most devastating natural disasters that can occur, here are some interesting facts about floods and how much damage they can cause.
- Flash floods can occur in any area in the US, all 50 states are venerable.
- Flash floods can create enormous walls of water up to 20 ft high.
- Cars can be swept away by floods with water only two feet deep.
- Aside from wildfire, floods are the most common type of natural disaster.
- Based on an average 2000 square foot home, a foot of water can cause up to $50 k in damages.
These facts show that floods are catastrophic even if they are minor and can occur at any time. SERVPRO is always ready to help you prepare for any type of disaster including floods.